All Competitors between the ages of U8 to 60+ are welcomed and encouraged to participate in as many events they wish within their age pool. Events to be conducted on the program include:
Note: due to time restrictions u14 and u18 have been omitted as a group as well as selected events in other ages. In these cases they will be competing in the age group above. e..g u14 go to u16 and u18 go to u20. Hopefully these can be added in next year as we streamline the schedule.
|Ages Open and up||2km Beach run|
|U12, U16, U20, Open, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+||1km beach run|
|U8, U10, U12, U16, U20, Open, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+||500m beach run|
|U8, U10, U12, U16, U20, Open, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+||180m beach run|
|U12, U16 ,U20 and Opens||90m beach sprint|
|U8, U10 and Masters||70m beach sprint|
|U12, U20, Open,||90m beach Relay|
|U8, U10, U12, U16 and Masters||Beach Flags – 20m|
|U20 and Open||Beach flags – 25m|
Entries for Athletics competitors are to be completed using the Athletics NSW online entry system http://nswathletics.org.au/Competitions/Online-Entry. Participants must create a log in (personal email address) and password to complete the online entry.
Please read the following rules as they may differ from standard SLS regulations.
RULES AND PROCEDURES
1.1 To attain the member rate for the event, athletes must be registered with Athletics NSW, Little Athletics NSW, or a Surf Lifesaving Club.
1.2. Ages are calculated as at December 31 of the year of competition for all age groups (including junior and masters age groups). For example if an entrant turns 16 in 2017 then the correct age group is U18.
1.3 Athletes are to enter online at an entry cost of $20 for members and $25 for non-members. The entry fee is for unlimited events. Online entry closes midnight Thursday 21st September. Pre entry allows Athletics NSW to provide athletes with a precise timetable and event entry list before arriving at the venue. Please note online entry requires credit card payment. Athletes without a credit card or internet access should contact the Athletics NSW office well in advance of the closing date to arrange an alternative entry.
1.4 On the day entry is available. On the day entry will incur a higher fee of $30 for members and $35 for non-members. On the day entry must be completed one (1) hour prior to the athlete’s first event.
1.5 The initial timetable is only a DRAFT. The final timetable will be published no later than 5pm Friday 22nd September. All athletes must check the www.nswathletics.org.au after close of entries to confirm the start times of their events.
1.6 All athletes must report to athlete check in to advise of their intention to compete at least sixty (60) minutes before the scheduled starting time of the event. Failure to check in may result in the athlete being scratched from the event. Once races have been seeded no late arrivals will be accepted, regardless of circumstance. Any athlete who reports to the race start area shall be disqualified if their entry for that event cannot be verified.
1.7 Entrants are encouraged to wear their club uniform however, this is not compulsory.
1.8 Athletes may only enter and contest one pool or race in an event.
1.9 An athlete may not run more than one relay leg or for more than one relay team.
1.10 In the timetable of events at each venue, all events are offered for male and female, Under 8, Under 10, Under 12, Under 16, Under 20, Open, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+.
- Relays are only offered as per the published schedule above.
- 200 and 100m races have been reduced by 10m for every 100m in order to compensate for the sand. Enter your track time if known for seeding purposes. i.e. enter your 200m time for the 180m event and your 100m time for the 90m and 70m events. If time not known, just leave the entry blank.
- The reporting time is 15 minutes before the start time at the event start area. Be aware of your start time as per the final published time table as the commentary will not be broadcasting the event marshaling.
- Competition order for track events is female first (U8, U10, U12, U16, Open, U20, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+) then male (U8, U10, U12, U16, Open, U20, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+).
1.14 Lane draws and qualification:
- If there are two (2) heats/semifinals, 1st & 2nd & 3rd from each heat and fastest others qualify.
- If there are three (3) heats/semifinals, 1st & 2nd from each heat and fastest others qualify.
- If there are four (4) heats, 1st, 2nd & 3rd from each heat and fastest others qualify for the semifinals (16 athletes).
- If there are five (5) heats, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th from each heat and fastest others qualify for the semifinals (24 athletes).
- A club/group is to advise relay teams 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to allow athletes and umpires to be advised of the lane draw. The athletes’ names and running order do not need to be declared.
- Composite teams are allowed within their age pools or may participate in the age group above, up to opens. All masters have the opportunity to compete in either the opens or 30+ events.
- Competitors are not to wear any jewelry or body piercing while competing in this event. Body piercing may be taped over if it can’t be removed
- Competitor’s hands must be overlapped with fingers to the opposite wrist. Feet must be touching. Feet must be on the line and competitor’s bodies must be perpendicular to the start line.
- The starter will direct competitors to the sand. Once officials are satisfied that all competitors are in place, the order will be give “heads down”. Competitors will rest their head on their hands. At this stage, any movement will be deemed a false start. The starter will then blow their whistle to start the event.
- There will be one less flag than there are competitors resulting in the elimination of one competitor per round. Once eliminated, the competitor will report to the official to have their name recorded.
1.17 Resolving Ties–
- Equal times in the same heat of a track event may be given separate places by the judges.
- When times are equal and track judges have not awarded a dead heat in a race, the judge’s placing will be used. Equal times in different heats of a track event will gain the same place as the higher placed athlete with that time in other heats.
1.18 The Competition will be conducted under the IAAF false start rule.
1.18. For matters not addressed above IAAF and AA rules apply.